The Township of Weehawken maintains death certificates from September 1, 2006 to present.
Written requests through Postal Mail In order to obtain a copy of a death certificate, you will need to provide the following information:
- Date of Death
- Name of Decedent
- Name of Deceased's Father
- Maiden Name of Deceased's Mother
- Money Order for $10.00 (each)
- A Disclosure Consent form which must be signed by the appropriate individual
Appropriate Individuals that can obtain this record are as follows:
- Funeral Director on Record - Who is the Legal Representative for Life
- Child/Family Member
- Legal Representative with proper documentation
In-person requests can also be obtained, during office hours.
The above information will be needed.
Hours: Monday - Friday (excluding Holidays) 9:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
For copies of vital records from the years 1848 to 1877, please contact:
New Jersey Department of State
Division of Archives and Records Management
P.O. Box 307
Trenton, NJ 08625-0307
or call (609) 292-6260.
You can obtain a copy of a death certificate on line at www.state.nj.us.
Weehawken Town Hall
Office of the Township Clerk (2nd Floor)
400 Park Avenue
Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Township Clerk - Rola Dahboul